Register for the Course
Prepare for opportunities in the fast-paced, high-pressure, and competitive fixed-income arena with the globally-recognized Certificate in Fixed Income Trading and Sales (CFITS).
- Identify a variety of business, financial, and compliance risks when selling or managing fixed-income investments.
- Analyze fixed income market trends using technical analysis.
- How to measure and mitigate fixed income market risk.
- Understand the competitor/co-operator nature of the trading process.
- Demonstrate active fixed-income portfolio management strategies.
- Calculate bond price changes, given changes in duration and convexity.
- Understand how mortgage-backed securities (MBS) work.
- Utilize fixed-income derivatives to trade and manage risk.
- CFITS consists of two eLearning modules and a final certification exam.
- Each module includes an online quiz to test your understanding of the course content.
- You’ll earn Moody’s Notice of Completion on completion of each module.
- You can access the course material through mobile devices.
- Complete a 3-hour proctored certification exam to earn the CFITS certificate.
- The estimated study time ranges from 50 to 60 hours.
- Fixed-income marketplace.
- Basic features and terminology of fixed-income.
- Organization of the fixed-income marketplace.
- Determinants of the general level of interest rates.
- Determinants of individual fixed-income yields.
- Price and yield calculations.
- Calculate bond prices, duration and convexity.
- Corporate credit analysis.
- Structure and participants of fixed-income trading and sales.
- Bond trading strategies.
- Credit rating methodology.
- Fixed-income covenants.
- High-yield bonds.
- Interest rate derivatives.
- Investing in fixed-income mutual funds.
- Fixed-income ETFs.
- Equity-linked debt securities.
- Fixed-income hedge fund strategies.
- Fixed Income Performance Portfolio Performance Attribution.
The Certificate in Fixed Income Trading and Sales comprises of two modules and a final certification exam. Below is an outline of the topics covered in each module:
1. Fixed Income Trading and Sales Level 1
2. Fixed Income Trading and Sales Level 2
- Retail & Institutional Salespersons
- Trading Desk Professionals
- Research Analysts
- Investment Bankers
- Conventional & Alternative Portfolio Managers