Register for the Course
This two-day course helps you understand the challenges of and techniques for determining your exposure to bank counterparty risk.
Whether you are an investor in banks, a bank working with other banks, or a corporation with banking requirements, you have risk. The financial crisis has shown us that it is important to have a good understanding of the credit risk of the bank counterparties with which you do business. This course teaches participants the framework and tools necessary to analyze community, regional, and major super-regional banks in the US, utilizing the publicly available bank rating methodology of our sister company, Moody’s Investors Service .
- Apply a structured framework to analyze banking institutions.
- Analyze key qualitative risk factors.
- Identify, calculate, and interpret key ratios.
- Evaluate a bank's strength based on its published financial information.
- Apply the publicly available Moody's Investors Service ratings tools and methodology to community, regional, and super-regional banks in the US.
- Investment and commercial bankers
- Credit and equity analysts
- Regulators and central bankers
- Fixed income professionals
- Bond researchers (both buy and sell sides)
- Corporate treasurers
- Correspondent banking officers
- Relationship managers involved in exposures to, or investments in, banks