Register for the Course
This three-day course builds on Moody’s Analytics “Fundamentals” and intermediate-level corporate credit courses to take credit professionals’ analysis skills to an advanced level.
This three-day program is designed to lift credit professionals’ analysis skills to an advanced level. It includes peer group analysis, market-based credit models, complex capital structures, event risk, and early warning signs.
Each credit issue will be analyzed from theoretical and practical perspectives, using recent market examples for learners to assess cash flow and credit implications.
The course concludes with a comprehensive case study designed to bring all the topics together in a real-world example.
- Use market-based credit models and appreciate their strengths and weaknesses versus fundamental credit analysis.
- Create sophisticated peer group analyses to underpin a credit review.
- Assess complex capital structures and the credit implications of each component.
- Describe the drivers behind “event risk,” understand how to anticipate such an issue, and analyze a credit after one has occurred.
- Identify early warning signs of financial distress.
- Use projection models to incorporate uncertainty and cyclicality.
- Commercial credit analysts
- Commercial lenders and loan officers
- Relationship managers
- Fixed income professionals
- Other financial professionals